Self-isolation is tough on all of us: missing friends and family, not being able to go out to our favourite restaurant for a night out, along with thousands of parents who have become at home teachers. The self-isolation can be boring, but it’s needed to keep you safe.
Did you know your self-isolation can make you a winner? Whether you are working from home in your PJs, or teaching your cats to social distance, enjoying your favourite beverage, Zoom parties, and on line dance classes, we want to see your quarantined photos!
Jewel 106.7 and our “Support Local” partners want you to win a prize package worth over $1,700.00 and it’s easy to play and win!
During physical distancing, chances are you’ve taken “selfies” or pictures of yourself and who you are isolating with. We want to see your Quarantined Pictures! Be Creative!
If you’ve taken up a new hobby (or reached back to one from the past), send us a picture of you and what you’ve done. Are you isolating with the family, wearing masks? Have you made your own “creative” mask or suit to stay safe? Grab a photo and send it to us.
Send us your quarantined pictures! And win.
And to our essential workers, from healthcare, to delivery/transportation, to our friends working in grocery stores, and retail outlets still open, we salute you and thank you. We want to see your creative photos as well!
All submissions will qualify for the grand prize. Plus, every week, Ted Bird, Tom Whelan, and Tim Thompson will showcase their favourite entries (be creative) on our Facebook page. If it’s yours, you’ll instantly win a gift certificate from one of our “Support Local” partners!
Ted & Tom will make the grand prize draw on Monday June 8 at 7:45 am.
Here’s What’s In The My Covid Quarantine Grand Prize (click on the client’s name to learn more about their services via their website)
$50.00 gift certificate to Sucrerie de la Montagne – 300 Chemin Saint-Georges, Rigaud
$50.00 gift certificate to Auberge des Gallant – 1171 chemin St. Henri, St. Marthe
$100.00 gift certificate from Planchers VIP Vaudreuil – 980 avenue st-Charles, local 101
$50.00 gift certificate to M&M Food Market Vaudreuil – 5-22800 Chemin Dumberry, Vaudreuil
$50.00 gift certificate to Poutineville Vaudreuil – 120 Rue Joseph-Carrier #102, Vaudreuil QC J7V 5V5
$50.00 gift certificate to Stirling Arts Boutique – 504 Rue Main, Hudson
$50.00 gift certificate from Clarence & Cripps – 400 Main Road, Hudson
$200.00 gift certificate from Le Frame Shoppe
$50.00 gift certificate to Que De Bonnes Choses – 484 D Rue Main, Hudson in the Poirier Plaza
$50.00 gift certificate from Pitou Minou et Compagnons Global Pet Food – 3232 Harwood Rte, Vaudreuil-Dorion
$50.00 gift certificate plus a $60.00 veggie basket from Duke & Devine’s Irish Pub
One four hour mobile workshop for 10 people from Tokkan Self Protection valued at $900.00
Here’s how to enter:
-Select ONE of your best/most creative quarantine pictures
-E-mail it to email@example.com – with your name (the names of those in the picture with you), the name of your business (if applicable), the city/town where you live, and a brief description (back story)
-LIKE the Jewel 106.7 Facebook page – CLICK HERE
MY COVID QUARANTINE
Official Contest Rules & Regulations (the “Rules”)
1. The My COVID Quarantine contest (the “Contest”) is brought to you by CHSV-FM Jewel 106.7 (the “Station”), of Evanov Radio Group Inc. (the “Contest Organizer”). The Contest starts on May 11, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. ET and closes on June 7, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open to individuals who are a legal resident of Ontario or Quebec, Canada and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the start of the Contest Period. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and individuals domiciled with an employee of the Contest Organizer, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a Station contest within the sixty (60) days preceding the start of the Contest Period (including any individuals designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and individuals domiciled with such a winner are ineligible to enter and may be disqualified.
3. TO ENTER. Complete and submit an online ballot for the Contest at http://www.jewelradio.com during the Contest Period. Individuals will be required to submit a photo of themselves (each, an “Entry Photo”) with the online ballot in order to enter the Contest.
4. Limit one (1) online ballot entry per household. If it is discovered that an individual or household has attempted to enter with an online ballot more than once, whether using falsified information, fraudulent conduct, or other means, all of the household’s or individual’s entries will be void and a police report will be filed documenting the conduct. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to exclude any entries that contain inappropriate, illegal or offensive content.
5. QUALIFYING PRIZE DRAW. During the Contest Period, a total of twelve (12) potential winners of a Qualifying Prize (defined below) (each, an “Instant Winner”) will be randomly drawn from the eligible entries received to date, with one Instant Winner being drawn at each of the following times: twice per week during the weekday morning show, which airs Mondays to Fridays from 5:30 a.m. ET to 10:00 a.m. ET; and once per week during the afternoon show, which airs Mondays to Fridays from 3:00 p.m. ET to 7:00 p.m. ET (each, an “Instant Prize Draw”). The Instant Prize Draws will take place at 2870 Route Harwood, Sainte-Lazare, Quebec. After the applicable Instant Prize Draw, the Instant Winner’s name and Entry Photo will be posted to the Station’s Facebook page, and may be posted on other websites or social media platforms. The Instant Winner may also be announced on-air.
6. The Contest Organizer, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the Instant Winner to notify them that they may have won a Qualifying Prize. In the event that the Instant Winner cannot be contacted after the Instant Prize Draw, they may be disqualified and an alternate instant winner may be drawn at the Contest Organizer’s sole discretion. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to the selection and notification of an instant winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all instant winners have been duly selected, but in any event, by no later than June 7, 2020.
7. Only one (1) Qualifying Prize can be won per individual or household. Instant Winners will be excluded from subsequent Instant Prize Draws, but will qualify for and be included in the Grand Prize Draw (defined below).
8. GRAND PRIZE DRAW. On June 8, 2020 at approximately 7:45 a.m. ET, a potential winner of the Grand Prize (defined below) (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be randomly drawn from the eligible entries at 2870 Route Harwood, Sainte-Lazare, Quebec (the “Grand Prize Draw”). The Contest Organizer, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the Grand Prize Winner to notify them that they may have won the Grand Prize by telephone after the Grand Prize Draw. In the event that the Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted after the Grand Prize Draw, they may be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be drawn at the Contest Organizer’s sole discretion. The Grand Prize Winner may be announced on-air.
9. PRIZES. The following prizes (each, a “Prize”) are available to be won:
a. Twelve (12) instant prizes (each, an “Instant Prize”), each of which shall consist of only one of the following, as chosen by the Contest Organizer:
i. One (1) of four (4) $25.00 gift certificates to Poutineville Vaudreuil;
ii. One (1) of four (4) $25.00 gift certificates to M&M Food Market Vaudreuil; and
iii. One (1) of four (4) $25.00 gift certificates to Pitou Minou et Compagnons Global Pet Food.
b. One (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”), consisting of the following:
i. One (1) $50.00 gift certificate to Auberge des Gallant;
ii. One (1) $100.00 gift certificate to Planchers VIP Vaudreuil;
iii. One (1) $50.00 gift certificate to M&M Food Market Vaudreuil;
iv. One (1) $50.00 gift certificate to Poutineville Vaudreuil;
v. One (1) $50.00 gift certificate to Stirling Art Boutique;
vi. One (1) 50.00 gift certificate to Clarence & Cripps;
vii. One (1) $200.00 gift certificate to Le Frame Shoppe;
viii. One (1) $50.00 gift certificate to Que De Bonnes Choses;
ix. One (1) $50.00 gift certificate to Pitou Minou et Compagnons Global Pet Food;
x. One (1) $50.00 gift certificate to Sucrerie de la Montagne;
xi. One (1) $50.00 gift certificate to Duke & Devine’s Irish Pub;
xii. One (1) vegetable basket from Duke & Devine’s Irish Pub, with an approximate retail value of $60.00; and
xiii. One (1) four-hour mobile workshop for ten people from Tokkan Self Protection, with an approximate retail value of $900.00.
10. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold or transferred and is not substitutable by the Prize winner or convertible to cash. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. The Prize will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
11. The Prize winner is solely responsible for any and all costs not expressly described herein, including, but not limited to, items of a personal nature, souvenirs, taxes, insurance, gratuities, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature. The Contest Organizer is not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason, of the Prize, and the Prize winner will not be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation, or other event described herein.
12. PRIZE SUPPLIERS. The prize suppliers are Poutineville Vaudreuil, M&M Food Market Vaudreuil, Pitou Minou et Compagnons Global Pet Food, Auberge des Gallant, Planchers VIP Vaudreuil, Stirling Art Boutique, Clarence & Cripps, Le Frame Shoppe, Que De Bonnes Choses, Sucrerie de la Montagne, Duke & Devine’s Irish Pub, and Tokkan Self Protection (the “Prize Supplier(s)”).
13. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
14. AWARDING OF PRIZES. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, each Potential Winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by the Contest Organizer. Before being awarded the Prize, each Potential Winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Organizer a full release and indemnity form stating, among other things, that: they have read, understood and complied with the Rules; they accept the Prize as awarded; they are responsible for any additional fees or charges associated with the Prize; they grant permission for the Contest Organizer to use their name, photograph, and/or likeness for publicity purposes; and they release the Contest Organizer from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the Potential Winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a Potential Winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, the Contest Organizer shall have the right to disqualify the Potential Winner, and the Contest Organizer shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
15. The Potential Winner must claim the Prize either within sixty (60) days of being selected as a Potential Winner or at least forty-eight (48) hours before the Prize is to be redeemed or used, whichever occurs first. The Potential Winner is responsible for claiming the Prize at a time and location to be coordinated with the Contest Organizer, and is solely responsible for their transportation to and from the Prize pickup location. If a Potential Winner does not claim the Prize within this time period, the Prize will be considered forfeit. No credit or reimbursement will be provided if the Prize is not claimed.
16. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT. The entrants and participants of the Contest, including without limitation the Prize winner, acknowledge that participation in this Contest and the collection or use of the Prize may be inherently dangerous and agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Organizer and its parent, affiliated or related companies, and subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, from any and all claims, damages, injuries or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize.
17. By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Organizer with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including, without limitation, the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
18. All entries, including but not limited to the Entry Photos, become property of Contest Organizer. The Contest Organizer assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting a copy of these Rules by mail, for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included. The Contest Organizer does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
19. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to withdraw, cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend this Contest at any time without prior notice. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if, in the opinion of the Contest Organizer, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely
affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to withdraw, cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest without prior notice, including by selecting a Potential Winner from previously received eligible entries. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof.
20. The Contest Organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner, including any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. The Contest Organizer shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest, including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest website.
21. The Contest Organizer is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, the administration of the Contest, or any announcements related to the Contest or the Prize.
22. In no event shall the Contest Organizer be obligated to award more prizes than is set out in these Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Rules.
23. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Rules will be interpreted according to the laws of Quebec, Canada.
24. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of their personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Organizer for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. The Contest Organizer will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Organizer should be addressed to the Contest Organizer at 2870 Route Harwood, Sainte-Lazare, Quebec, J7T 2H7.
25. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, radio, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
26. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Organizer, the Prize Supplier(s), and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
27. FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, de courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.