Weird Hot Dog Facts you always wanted to know but were afraid to ask
- While it is often thought that hot dogs are the all-American food, they were first invented in 1484 in Frankfurt, Germany (hence the nickname “frankfurters”).
- What are the most popular hot dog toppings in the U.S.? Mustard for adults (86.7%) and ketchup for kids.
- The average Canadian eats 50 hot dogs every year.
- Despite the name, Hebrew National Hot Dogs are not actually kosher
- Food on the moon! Hot dogs were of the first food eaten on the moon. Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and “Buzz” Aldrin Jr. ate hot dogs on their 1969 journey.
Photo Credit: Hot Dog